Changes to taxes and benefits

COVID-19 amounts and amended CRA T4A slips If you have already filed your tax return and have amended COVID-19 amounts, the CRA will automatically adjust your return. No further action is required by you. You will get a T4A slip if you received any amounts from the following COVID-19 benefits: Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) with the CRA Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB) Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB) Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB) Provincial or territorial COVID-19 financial assistance payments These benefit amounts are taxable and any amounts received before December 31, 2020, must be reported on your 2020 tax return.